Sonam Kapoor is a well-known actress of Bollywood film industry and daughter of a legendary actor Anil Kapoor. She hailed from a Bollywood family though she doesn’t need her father’s name to stand out in Indian film industry. Sonam Kapoor has built her own recognition in Bollywood with several megahit movies. She is also esteemed as an enormous fashion icon in India and was a brand ambassador for L’Oreal Paris in the past.
Sonam Kapoor was born in Mumbai, India on 9th June 9, 1985. She is the daughter of famous Bollywood actor Anil Kapoor and former designer and model Sunita. Sonam has 2 siblings, one brother named Harshavardhan Kapoor and a sister named Rhea Kapoor. She completed her studies from Arya Vidya Mandir School. In her early years, she exposed her interest in Latin dance, basketball and Kathak music.
Facts You Never Knew About Sonam Kapoor!
- Sonam Kapoor was born in Mumbai to a Punjabi father and Sindhi mother.
- She has been suffering from diabetes since her teenage and has to follow a strict diet routine and a daily insulin injection to stay healthy.
- Sonam’s weight was around 90 kg, but later she lost around 30 kg of weight for her debut film Saawariya (2007), opposite Ranbir Kapoor.
- She vowed not to marry an actor.
- She had a fight with her co-actor Abhay Deol during filming Aisha, after which, they both decided not to work together again in future.
- Sonam Kapoor is really fond of dancing. She always loves to show her dancing talents. Furthermore, she is proficient enough in classical dancing.
- She is exceptionally fit now. Though, at one time when Sonam was not fit. Her ex-boyfriend created some unfriendly comments regarding her weight and she ultimately had to break off her relationship.
- Sonam is a superstar kid; we all are familiar with the fact that the life of a celebrity kid is just like a bed of roses. Although, she always prefer to take this matter in her own hands.
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali, a famous filmmaker, once suggested Sonam Kapoor to try her luck in acting. Prior that Sonam has done the job of an assistant director for Sanjay.
- We all are familiar with the fact that Arjun Kapoor and Sonam Kapoor are cousins. Though, not all of us are cognizant of the fact that, Ranveer Singh is also her cousin.
- Perfumes are something that Sonam Kapoor never compromises with. Her most favorite perfume is Michael Kors.